SCSI Toolbox, LLC - SCSItoolbox Release Notes
New additions to the SCSI
toolbox version 2.3.3 build 2 (March 1999)
New additions to the SCSI Toolbox32 version 2.3.2. Build 12 (September 1998)
- Improvements suggested by Seagate in AV drive optimization
- A/V optimization performance test
- CD/DVD/CDR performance test
- Unchecking "log performance data" now prevents any performance data from being logged
New additions to the SCSI Toolbox32 version 2.3.1 (build 3) (July 1998)
- Options Menu
- Added choice to OptiONs to log performance data in error log or not.
- Disk Format Command - All format options can not be specified, including:
- all variations of FmtData/CmpLst/Defect List
- all variations of FOV/DPRY/DCRT/STPF/IP/DSP/Immed bits
- ability to specify a data pattern
- progress of format (elapsed time) displayed
- Disk Read Test
- Can use the block number (must have been previously written by Disk Write Test using
block number as data pattern) to verify read data.
- ScriptWriter Pro
- Optional module - Visual Basic for Applications compatible basic language with SCSI
- Disk Firmware Downloads
- Support for multi-drive segmented downloads added
- Mode Page Editing
- Support for editing Mode Page 0x19 (Fibre Channel Specification page) added
- Disk Confidence Tests
- Multi-drive capability added to all confidence tests
- Print Reports Option
- Added to all tests
- Port Driver Support:
- No longer uses ASPI when running under Windows NT uses NT port driver access.
- Disk Tests:
- Allows command depth (threaded simultaneous commands per SCSI device) to be specified
in Sequential and Random tests.
- Move Times:
- Now reported on all jukebox moves, as well as in the random test.
- Reassign Bad Blocks:
- Added to the disk commands menu. Allows remapping a block on a disk.
- Total Jukebox Test:
- Allows testing of all jukebox drives (inserts/removes) from any storage slot using
- Tape Tests Multi-Drive:
- The Sequential Write, Sequential Read and messages to display during request sense,
based on sense code and asq.
- QC Tape Tests
- Now multi-drive enabled. If Print Reports is enabled, each drive tested will generate
a results report.
- Customizable Request Sense Data:
- Users can define their own text
- DLT Tests:
- Quantum DLT self tests now allow all self-test options to be set (data patterns, block size,
block count, passes and test type). This test is multi-drive capable and multi-threaded.
- New Drive Watch Feature:
- All disk and tape tests now have DriveWatch, which allows for real-time monitoring of the
following test metrics:
- Average read/write transfer rate
- Low read/write transfer rate lba that low transfer rate occurred
- High read/write transfer rate lba that high transfer rate occurred Number of hard
(uncorrectable) errors lba that hard errors occurred
- Number of soft (correctable) errors lba that soft errors occurred Number of blocks that
have transferred (read and write) For disk tests, all lbas can be displayed in physical
- When logging is enabled, the following will be recorded: Any change of transfer rate
for the low and high transfer rate readings
- All error occurrences (hard/soft)
- Clearing a drives statistics
- New Test Alarms:
- Disk and tape tests have alarms which can be set for the following:
- Low read transfer rate (selectable average, low, or high rate)
- Low write transfer rate (selectable average, low or high rate)
- Number of hard errors
- Number of soft errors
- When an alarm event occurs, the target that failed will be removed from testing.
- Print Reports:
- The print reports function will now print individual reports for each device tested
in multi-drive test mode.
- Error Logging:
- All logical block addresses are also logged in physical mode (cyl/head/sec).
- Numerous Tape Test Revisions:
- Remaining tape is now displayed during Sequential Read and Write tests User-specified
data patterns are now used in the Sequential
- Write test Tape Parameters Density Code is now displayed in hexadecimal
- Numerous User Script Revisions:
- Buffer Write function can append into a file
- GOTO functions allow looping
- ON ERROR allows branching on any check condition
- Single step mode for script testing
- New View Results window allows viewing results as well as saving them to a file
- Does not insist on device being online
- Multiple LUN Testing:
- Disk tests now support multiple LUN testing
- Print reports supports multiple LUNs - LUN can be displayed in a report with %B
- Multiple Target/Multiple LUN testing is supported
- Disk Confidence Multi-Drive Tests:
- Both disk confidence tests are multi-drive enabled. Different size drives per test are
- New Customizable Log Sense View:
- Allows for viewing all log sense pages of any device. Can use a definition file to define
screen labels for log pages and parameter codes.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed bug which caused the sequential tape write test to crash
- Fixed bug in Tape Tests
- Blocks transferred and transfer rate display fixed
- Fixed bug in User Scripts
- pti tests fixed.
- Fixed bug in Buffers
- User defined data pattern in buffer command fixed